[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Doves Forum • View topic - Will they/Won't they? - The very latest.

Will they/Won't they? - The very latest.

Will they/Won't they? - The very latest.

Postby Jessica Daniels » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:03 pm

Andy told The Beat there are no current plans for a
Doves reunion: "It’s kind of a hiatus. Our main
focus is Black Rivers. That’s what’s exciting us."
Black Rivers are a band continuing the trend of late
career revivals for the elder statesmen of British
rock.

The band formed by chart-topping Doves brothers
Andy and Jez Williams sees them follow in the
footsteps of fellow renaissance men like Supergrass’
Gaz Coombes, or Noel Gallagher and those High
Flying Birds of his.

But after Doves went on an indefinite hiatus in 2010,
the pair had no immediate plans to continue
recording together, even as former frontman Jimi
Goodwin went off on the solo path.

It was that lack of obligation and responsibility that
reignited the creative spark for the Williams
brothers.

Andy told the Beat: “We’ve always written really. We
always muck around making music, that’s what me
and Jez have always done.

“A big part of that time was with Jimi. But we wrote
together before we met Jimi and we're writing
after.”

He added: “At the start, when we started writing
music again, we didn’t have a deal, we didn’t have
publishing. We didn’t have anything really.

“That was fairly liberating - well liberating and a bit
scary. When you start getting a few songs together,
you want to know that people are going to get to
hear it.

“But it was fairly liberating at the start. We felt like
we could go anywhere we wanted. Not that Doves
ever put restrictions on what we could write.

“But every now and then it’s good to shake things
up and try a different way of working. The whole
thing about being in a new band is it’s exciting. Ity
just gets the creativity going I think.”

Their self-titled debut will inevitably draw
comparisons to their past music, but there’s a
noticeable electronic edge to their work that
suggests they’ve been wandering down the same
psychedelic hallways as acts such as MGMT.

Andy said: “We’re not daft, we know theres going to
be preconceptions. We know we’re always going to
get compared to Doves, and we’re all right with
that.

“You can’t control what people think of you. You
shouldn’t let that get in the way of the process. I’m
sure some people have preconceptions, but we don’t
let it alter what we’re doing.”

Although Doves are officially on hiatus, at the
moment the Williams brothers are fully focused on
Black Rivers, and see no reunion on the horizon.

Andy said: “It’s kind of a hiatus. Our main focus is
Black Rivers. That’s what’s exciting us. Jimi’s got
his own thing going on.

“There’s no plans for the future, because we’re busy
with this. We’ve not had a bust up, there’s not been
a major fight or anything.

“It’s just, we’re all doing our own thing. I wouldn’t
rule it out, but I can’t see it happening too soon.”
With their debut album set for release next week,
Black Rivers are now gearing up for touring season.
Their next foray into the live scene will take them to
Belfast, where they’ll play two dates in support of
Noel Gallagher on March 3 and 4.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/musi ... ar_twitter
As I headed out west this beauty did remain,
Through an English village, landscapes washed in rain
Jessica Daniels

Stage Invader

Re: Will they/Won't they? - The very latest.

Postby richtdev » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:20 pm

sounds about right. Irish mirror. Isnt that just a photo of yourself
the sun on my face makes me feel alive.
richtdev

Postby gibbo1968 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:36 am

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz you gave me a bit of shit for reigniting doves reformation #1 didnt yer not that long ago?
Life's not a dress rehearsal
gibbo1968

Mosher

Postby Allan_Oroz » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:31 pm

I don't really understand them. I really, really want Doves back.
To weather it all / To come out the other side /With the moon all high /I'll see you on the other side / So come out the other side...
Allan_Oroz

Mosher

Postby fbrinsley » Sun May 24, 2015 1:46 am

i haven't gone more than 2 or 3 days in a row without listening to doves since 2005. now i'm on the odludnek? and black rivers and i just don't get it either. i'm grateful to have the new music. this kingdom of rust, i recall checking the blog during the recording process. i've read that process took it's toll. i hope jimi's got the songs he wanted out. and love the brothers for getting on with it. but i listen to the music alot. and it's all wrapped up in this tension. cuz jimi's songs and black river's should be together. this is doves studio 5&6 imo.
Got to get out of this satellite town
fbrinsley

Postby Teppin » Sun May 24, 2015 2:11 am

I know how you feel mate, but the boys have a history of doing it their way. No one wants new doves stuff than me, but they won't be forced. I'm just going to ride the wave and see what happens

Teppin

Site Admin

Re:

Postby Jessica Daniels » Sun May 24, 2015 8:09 pm

Jessica Daniels

Stage Invader

Re: Re:

Postby Teppin » Sun May 24, 2015 10:05 pm

Teppin

Site Admin

Re: Re:

Postby Jessica Daniels » Sun May 24, 2015 10:56 pm

Jessica Daniels

Stage Invader

Postby fbrinsley » Mon May 25, 2015 9:10 pm

why hasn't there been any discussion about what took place between jimi and the brothers? everything that's out in the open is oh we're just taking a break. you mean to tell me there's no one out there with any information about what's happened to their relationship? black rivers is doves without jimi and jimi solo is doves without the brothers. is it a case of jimi saying i want this song and the brothers are like your whiskey song doesn't fit? and jimi is all like harumph i like me whiskey song? ugh.
Got to get out of this satellite town
fbrinsley

Next

Return to Doves