Man v Dingo

Man v Dingo

Postby Jimi 0.1 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:47 pm

Jimi 0.1

Re: Man v Dingo

Postby Jimi 0.1 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:03 pm

I'm going to be frank. I do NOT like. :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Please tell me this is just some random stuff and not an actual snippet of the finished track.

It's just so cheeeesy. Reminds me of something you might hear in an elevator like this:

:roll: :lol:
Jimi 0.1

Postby ghar17 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:53 pm

Oh this is wonderful, the world needs more tunes like this. If you wanted a Doves album then wait for the next doves album
ghar17

Postby Ollie » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:06 pm

Wow - this is like the first time I heard Paranoid Android. Goose Bumps and tingles. So far ahead of it's time. The paradiddles in the last 1/3 left me speechless. If this isn't Number One by February then I'll nip off on me moped to the Froggie PM and give him some of my Cedar Broom (is he still around?)
Ollie

DPF Member

Postby Jimi 0.1 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:51 pm

ghar17 wrote:Oh this is wonderful, the world needs more tunes like this. If you wanted a Doves album then wait for the next doves album

Um, it has absolutely nothing to do with me wanting a new doves album, which, incidentally, I have no problem admitting that I actually do want one as practically everybody else on here does too. This IS the doves forum, full of doves fans, after all. It has everything to do with the fact that this music is awful, doves or no doves...in my opinion. You're entitled to yours.

Also, I looked up your post history because I was genuinely interested to learn more about you and your tastes. Turns out you've only posted 2 other times apart from your most recent one above and the one the other day, since joining in Oct 2012. Now, rarely posting is certainly not a crime, but 3 of the total 4 posts you've made were about you looking to sell an enormous amount of doves records. Now I'm not being rude this is purely an observation, but are you really that much of a fan if the only reason you have come on here a couple a times since Oct 2012, is just to repeatedly try to sell their stuff and not join any discussions (not including this one, which is non-doves related anyway) ? I would NEVER sell any of their records. EVER. Also, why in well over a year have you been unable to sell them elsewhere? Just curious.

Ollie wrote:Wow - this is like the first time I heard Paranoid Android. Goose Bumps and tingles. So far ahead of it's time. The paradiddles in the last 1/3 left me speechless. If this isn't Number One by February then I'll nip off on me moped to the Froggie PM and give him some of my Cedar Broom (is he still around?)

LOL...so funny! :lol:

No Cedar Broom isn't around anymore...although he may be lurking...
Jimi 0.1

Postby ghar17 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:21 pm

My word touched a nerve there didn't I?

The post was not in reply to you so that you are aware. I look on this site very often as I do Pink Floyd, Depeche Mode etc etc. I do not post as I do not have the time quite frankly and I am probably a little bit older than you and can't be doing with updates like this:)

If I gain my information from sites like this then brilliant as I will spread huge word about Doves associated music. Equally if somebody is looking for a Doves item that I have hen brilliant as hat will suit us both don't you think. Blimey trying to sell Doves records on a Doves forum, whatever next!
ghar17

Postby Jimi 0.1 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:44 pm

Oh don't worry you didn't touch any nerve, my friend. Yes, I miss doves and I'm not ashamed to say that. But I don't let that cloud my judgment of any other new music. I just DON'T LIKE this particular composition, whether it was written by my Mom or whoever!

Also, don't get me wrong, there's no problem per se with you attempting to sell doves stuff on a doves forum (I have even hinted at it myself before) in my opinion. I'm not your boss and that sort of thing would be decided by the owners of the forum as to whether selling is allowed, etc (I'm pretty sure there is a list of terms and conditions somewhere on here that covers that sort of thing). All I was doing was pointing out how your low number of posts combined with the nature of your posts can come across (a lot of forums, facebook pages, etc actually forbid selling for this reason), especially after making your comment above about how I - sorry I mean, "someone" or "people" or whoever you were referring to - should just wait for a new doves album if they don't like the sound of ONE track from Jimi's album. It just sounded like you were having a dig, that's all. I'm not upset. :D Everything's good in da hood now.

As for selling your doves collection, I would follow what the user "Yank" suggested. Ebay or Amazon. You've tried unsuccessfully since Oct 2012 to sell them on here (as I think we all probably already own them all), so one of them is going to be your best bet from here on in. I'm sure one of us could help you with that if you asked.

Anyway good luck, and hopefully in the future you'll be able to drop by now and again more often to come and talk to us proper....Maybe let us know how much money you made once any sale is finalized! :mrgreen:
Jimi 0.1

Postby ghar17 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:59 pm

All sorted, cheers
ghar17

Postby Jimi 0.1 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:03 pm

OK great! Did someone on here actually want them or what?
Jimi 0.1

Postby Nicky » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:40 pm

It gets better! :)
Nicky

Site Admin

Next

Return to Jimi Goodwin