[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Doves Forum • View topic - some one must know

some one must know

some one must know

Postby PhillyMorris » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:39 pm

the meaning of sulphur man (i am not a mad man wanting to know the meaning of life but just wondering)
PhillyMorris

Gig Regular

Re: some one must know

Postby richtdev » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:51 am

if i remember rightly someone on the old forum thought it was about a drug dealer. :shock: :o ;)

and someone else thought this.
I think the Sulphur Man is an allegorical reference to god or christ or whatever it is that fills the void in humans, but turns to smoke when you think you've found it. Faith, if you will. Except we don't have faith so we fill the void with pills and drink and shit, and spend our lives looking for whatever it is that will make sense of our existence.

For those who can its here http://forums.doves.net/index.php?sid=a ... 4e292360d0
the sun on my face makes me feel alive.
richtdev

Postby kenny » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:23 pm

Don't sweat this life - learn what you need to and make sure you use for the next....or it'll be a long eternity.

See you in the Ether!
kenny

Postby PhillyMorris » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:54 pm

:andy: its all rock and roll!!!!!!!!

i had views on it being about a friend of theirs maybe "lost it" so to speak? went off the rails. depression. just sayin!! :doves:
PhillyMorris

Gig Regular

Postby Cazzie13 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:26 pm

Drive with me, past the city and down to sea......
Cazzie13

Back Stage Pass

Postby Allan_Oroz » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:56 am

Interesting idea! I really love the music, the vibe it has, And yes, I agree with the main idea. I think it's about being lost and find something special who help you to go on. Probably "Sulphur" is a bit strange but... sulphur can clean/destroy almost everything, so Jesus/faith/whatever you believe in can purify the way and put you on the right side of the life.
To weather it all / To come out the other side /With the moon all high /I'll see you on the other side / So come out the other side...
Allan_Oroz

Mosher

Postby PhillyMorris » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:55 pm

only one way to find out!
PhillyMorris

Gig Regular

some one must know

Postby Teppin » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:57 am

Teppin

Site Admin

Postby richtdev » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:18 am

the sun on my face makes me feel alive.
richtdev

Postby PhillyMorris » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:38 pm

i may have an answer soon (fingers crossed)
PhillyMorris

Gig Regular

Next

Return to Doves