Some Cities

Re: Some Cities

Postby Allan_Oroz » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:39 am

Teppin wrote:Image

Judging by the distance, that rocket probably hasn't arrived yet :lol:
To weather it all / To come out the other side /With the moon all high /I'll see you on the other side / So come out the other side...
Allan_Oroz

Mosher

Postby Jimi 0.1 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:09 pm

Interesting, just read that Walk in Fire almost didn't make the cut. Didn't know that. I'm guessing because they thought it sounded a bit too similar to TGTF, and they always stress how they like to constantly do something new with each release. I'm so glad they put it on there though. Great song which is so underrated by many, and one of my favorites on there.
Jimi 0.1

Postby richtdev » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:00 pm

Jimi 0.1 wrote:Interesting, just read that Walk in Fire almost didn't make the cut. Didn't know that. I'm guessing because they thought it sounded a bit too similar to TGTF, and they always stress how they like to constantly do something new with each release. I'm so glad they put it on there though. Great song which is so underrated by many, and one of my favorites on there.

love that song, my fave album but here you go.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Doves-Some-Ci ... 35d19e4c95
the sun on my face makes me feel alive.
richtdev

Postby richtdev » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:01 pm

richtdev wrote:
Jimi 0.1 wrote:Interesting, just read that Walk in Fire almost didn't make the cut. Didn't know that. I'm guessing because they thought it sounded a bit too similar to TGTF, and they always stress how they like to constantly do something new with each release. I'm so glad they put it on there though. Great song which is so underrated by many, and one of my favorites on there.

love that song, my fave album but here you go.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Doves-Some-Ci ... 35d19e4c95

I may bid on it
richtdev

Postby Jimi 0.1 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:40 pm

Holy crap, Rich, copies of them are on sale for like $130 on eBay! WOW. I think that would be like about 70-80 pounds. Good Luck if you do decide to bid.

Incidentally - and I promise I'm not deliberately disagreeing here - it's probably my least favorite of the 4 studio albums. It's not that I think it's of a lower quality (far from it), I just believe the other 3 are superior :) Just don't dare ask me to put them in any order - I can't!
Jimi 0.1

Some Cities

Postby kenny » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:26 am

Gotta say Some cities gets my 2nd place as an album......wrestles with LB but generally comes 2nd LS always 1st of course
Don't sweat this life - learn what you need to and make sure you use for the next....or it'll be a long eternity.

See you in the Ether!
kenny

Postby richtdev » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:01 pm

not many people like it as a fave but I know if I am totally and brutally honest there are few cds I can put on knowing that I wont skip a track. There are not many that I will only skip 1 track on and the other 3 albums all have 1 I skip.
richtdev

Postby Jimi 0.1 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:28 pm

What are the ones on LS, LB, and KOR that you skip, Rich?
Jimi 0.1

Postby richtdev » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:15 pm

kor is greatest denier, m62 song on LB and break me gently/a house on LS. Im the same with mansun and attack of the GL with taxloss. The only other album I can listen to start to finish are deacon blue raintown and Marvin Gaye whats going on.

Edit. I even sometimes have probs with pink floyd's dark side. I bloody adore that too
richtdev

Postby Nicky » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:36 pm

Dark Side of the Moon. One of only a handful of albums that is perfect. Raintown, not perfect but i adore that one. That's my homesick album.
Nicky

Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Doves