[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Doves Forum • View topic - Lost Souls

Lost Souls

Lost Souls

Postby kenny » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:53 pm

Don't sweat this life - learn what you need to and make sure you use for the next....or it'll be a long eternity.

See you in the Ether!
kenny

Re: Lost Souls

Postby fbrinsley » Fri May 08, 2015 2:27 am

hi guys. you know what makes me sad? lost souls on vinyl is so frigging hard to come by. just got TT set up a month ago and i dunno if y'all have keyed in on current vinyl market. it's nutty. and it seems doves' debut is kinda hard to come by. think a month ago i saw n. america astralwerks #'d copy still sealed selling for $150, and i scoffed at the price. now i'm cursing meself for not jumping. cherish that doves' vinyl and take care.
Got to get out of this satellite town
fbrinsley

Lost Souls

Postby Teppin » Fri May 08, 2015 5:21 am

It isn't easy to get hold of one mate no, it's hard enough in the UK, so outside it's a nightmare.

Keep searching, keep the faith.
#doveslove

Teppin

Site Admin

Postby Teppin » Fri May 08, 2015 6:51 pm

Ah, lost souls in the evening

Teppin

Site Admin

Re:

Postby richtdev » Sun May 10, 2015 9:03 pm

the sun on my face makes me feel alive.
richtdev

Postby richtdev » Sun May 10, 2015 9:05 pm

richtdev

Postby richtdev » Tue May 12, 2015 11:18 am

anyone fancy the heavenly copy of cedar room in vinyl cant go much wrong with this copy
http://www.musicstack.com/item/313247264
richtdev

Postby Diarmuid 66 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:36 pm

Hello everyone ! This has got to be the right place to ask really obscure questions right ? I was lucky enough to stumble across lost souls in 2000 , like most of you , I couldn't believe how special this sound was from the very first play , perfect (almost ).With no disrespect to Sub Sub , I am always constantly amazed that this record is so complete , so complex and emotional and that is really just seemed to appear from nowhere. For me it is as if the Beatles got together and released Abbey Road as a first attempt .
So , my questions ;
1. In Sea Song , there is a quiet sample of a female voice , anybody know anything about it ? Sounds like a sample from an old film ?
2. Same thing the voices in "break me gently" ..."..remember everthing" ?
I would love any info
Thanks
Diarmuid 66

Postby Jessica Daniels » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:57 pm

The samples are from "Paris, Texas". (Sea Song)

Skip to 1:52:11 and start watching.

Not sure about Break Me Gently. I possibly knew once upon a time but the sands of time have clouded my mystic chords of memory.
As I headed out west this beauty did remain,
Through an English village, landscapes washed in rain
Jessica Daniels

Stage Invader

Lost Souls

Postby Substance » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:57 am

I think the sample at the end of BMG is from a track called MC Disagree from the 3rd Bass Cactus Album
Substance

Mosher

PreviousNext

Return to Doves