[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Doves Forum • View topic - All Doves releases and songs

All Doves releases and songs

Postby floppa » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:32 pm

Hi All

I am a long time Doves fan but have only started making an effort relatively recently to get all their releases. As of now I am only missing the Japanese cd with the full version of Willows song on it and the spaceface promo (as far as I know). I have pretty much all singles and ep's (unless there are super rare ones which your usual fan would not know) and all bonus cd album releases. Even ripped the audio off of the Sky Starts falling and Pounding DVD singles.

So my question is what else it out there to get?
floppa

Re: All Doves releases and songs

Postby Teppin » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:06 am

Hi floppa, welcome to the board! There isn't really a complete list, but Nicky's blog has a good list (doves music blog) and I've quoted my collection in the "you show me yours " thread. I've since added to it. Sounds like you have a great collection :smile:

Teppin

Site Admin

Postby kenny » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:50 am

welcome floppa...let us know how the 'ultimate collection' goes
Don't sweat this life - learn what you need to and make sure you use for the next....or it'll be a long eternity.

See you in the Ether!
kenny

Postby richtdev » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:09 pm

Hi. Do you have the instrumentals and promos etc
the sun on my face makes me feel alive.
richtdev

Postby floppa » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:38 am

Yep have a whole heap of the instrumental/promos. As far as all songs released on cd's as far as I know I am ok! Now gotta start paying ol itunes for vinyl only songs and then picking out whatever else out these I do not have.
floppa

Postby floppa » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:17 pm

So finally sorted but need a few bits and pieces of advice.

Where would i find.....

Push Me On playgroup megadub?
Some Cities and Last Broadcast instrumental cds and if only on ebay how much would I expect to pay?
Birds flew backwards acoustic, catch the sun single edit, KOR still going remix instrumental and cedar room demo?

Also how much would a cedar room promo set me back?

That just leaves me to buy...

Ship of fools, winter hill acoustic, jetstream acoustic and KOR acoustic digitalonly songs (when i find a cheap place to do so, we get gouged badly here in Aus!)
KOR promo for the playgroup megamix edit
B&W town promo for the instrumental
Snowden promo 2 for the edit
Andalucia promo

and finally to rip the ambition instrumental off the bonus cd....... I think that's all then!
floppa

Postby Teppin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:21 am

The push me on mixes are availble on a 6 track promo cd- 3 KOR, 3 push me on. including the mega dub. i got mine on ebay
i got the still going mixes on vinyl promos via the recordstore.com, but i've seen them on ebay
The instrumentals are rare, best of luck on ebay, you'll have to hope the seller doesn't know what they're worth. i'm after them myself
birds flew backwards acoustic was i think a free download, from the heavenly website. can't seem to find mine though?

Which cedar room? i've never seen a cedar room ep demo. the cedar room single demo seems to go quite cheap on ebay
B+W instrumental was on one of the many versions of the oridnary singles
Jetstream acoustic was also a free download- again mine is missing, i lost stuff when i put stuff on an external hard drive
winter hill acoustic was on the itunes ep- is that availlable in australia?
I downloaded kor itunes version full price on release day for ship of fools and the last son
andalucia promo was quite cheap off ebay

Teppin

Site Admin

Postby floppa » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:54 am

[quote="Teppin"]on the itunes ep- is that availlable in australia?[quote="Teppin"]

Yeh I am seeing if i can circumvent itunes Aus as we pay $2.19 per song, so about $11 for 5 songs I need off there. Hopefully I can use amazon.

The rest of the promos seem do-able, just need to bide my time to get them uber cheap.

Bummer about birds flew backwards, also missed out on the chris watson remix of it.

And with the instrumentals, they look exy! Here is an archived excerpt from Eil "The Last Broadcast - Instrumentals US / CD-R acetate / Promo - £83.00. " Whilst they may be good to own my wife would kill me over that much money on a cd.
floppa

Postby Teppin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:19 am

I couldn't justify spending that sort of money either. I once paid £55 for lost souls vinyl. Bit daft really.

If there are any CDs that are cheaper in this country, eBay UK, Amazon UK, eil UK etc let me know if you need help getting them there. I will help the best I can.

As for the free download only tracks people on here will have them even if I've lost them. I'll contact richtdev for a start, we can see if we can email them you.

Teppin

Site Admin

Postby Nicky » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Yeah I have the above said free remixes, be happy to email them to you if you pm me.

The Lost Souls/TLB instrumentals are rarely offered for sale. I paid silly money, if they go on ebay expect to pay at least a ton. Likewise for the Some Cities live promo CD. I've seen them more often on discogs, if you really want them then sign up for notifications.

As for the demo disc, to get an original copy I'm not sure where you would get a copy to be honest. The other stuff you should find for pennies on ebay. Now is a good time to be buying Doves stuff on the cheap!
Nicky

Site Admin

Next

Return to Doves