[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Doves Forum • View topic - Doves Tribute Band

Doves Tribute Band

Re: Doves Tribute Band

Postby Pete » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:42 pm

Your right when I googled it, it took me straight to the official band sites etc!

We are thinking of two sets of ten songs each. Do you think that would be enough? Also do you think we should go big for the first gig or small and work our way up? suppose what I am really asking is how may people do you think would turn up for a Doves Tribute band gig in say Manchester?

Cheers

Pete
Pete

Gig Regular

Postby Teppin » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:11 pm

I'd say you've got a great chance in Manchester, that place produces and loves great music. The pre kor tour sold out very quickly in Manchester. Between albums is a good time, when real fans are missing the boys. I suspect the corner of a back street pub might be a bit small. As much as hard core fans love m62 song, birds flew backwars etc, a tribute or covers band should be all about a sing a long great time! Get them jumping to tgtf and don't forget the cow bells!

Teppin

Site Admin

Postby Pete » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:13 pm

Great advice, cheers and totally agree about a good sing a long! That is why we decided to take the bull by the horns and go for it because, if there was a decent Doves tribute band playing, we would be there!
Pete

Gig Regular

Postby Teppin » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:15 pm

True fact, I hope I get to see you one day!

Teppin

Site Admin

Postby Cazzie13 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:18 pm

Just out of interest do any of you bear any resemblance to the band member you're depicting?
Drive with me, past the city and down to sea......
Cazzie13

Back Stage Pass

Postby Pete » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:24 pm

I am growing a beard. Ordered a sailors cap for the lead guitarist and the drummer.............erm........... has ginger hair! But it is curly though lol! :-)
Pete

Gig Regular

Postby Cazzie13 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:27 pm

:lol: ......do you have a Rebelski aswell?
Cazzie13

Back Stage Pass

Postby Pete » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:31 pm

No Rebleski at the mo. still advertising. I am programming keyboards at the moment but have got no chance if we want to do Space Face!!
Pete

Gig Regular

Postby Cazzie13 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:38 pm

Have you got any songs perfected in your repertoire yet?
Cazzie13

Back Stage Pass

Postby Pete » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:03 pm

Good question. What I would like to do is post some mp3's once we feel they are ready for general feedback........catch the sun will be first without doubt as we play it anyway..........problem is getting a decent recording!!
Pete

Gig Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Doves