[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Doves Forum • View topic - Doves Tribute Band

Doves Tribute Band

Re: Doves Tribute Band

Postby Pete » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:00 pm

Sorry Nicky.......big typo!

Thank you all for the feedback. Looks like Sub Doves is the most popular at the moment. Like the idea that it makes reference to Sub Sub and also substitute Doves!

Cheers

Pete
Pete

Gig Regular

Re: Re: Doves Tribute Band

Postby Teppin » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:12 pm

Teppin

Site Admin

Postby Nicky » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:38 am

No bother Pete, your not the first and probably not the last! :P :lol:

Here's a suggestion for you, I can't take credit for it but its gotta be put out there...

THE Doves :lol:

I would avoid Purple Doves, like tepps said you'd get Prince fans going. Dovestails.. you'd end up with the Duck Tails fanclub!

Sub Doves sounds good, do you plan on doing Sub Sub stuff live?
Nicky

Site Admin

Postby Teppin » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:40 am

Truth be told Pete, Nicky did used to be nicola......

Teppin

Site Admin

Postby richtdev » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:07 pm

sub doves or I do also like THE doves. Please please please please please please please dont play The Greatest Denier though.
the sun on my face makes me feel alive.
richtdev

Postby Teppin » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:23 pm

Teppin

Site Admin

Postby skippy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:58 pm

Everybody's waiting for the sun to call.
skippy

Mosher

Postby Cazzie13 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Are you trying to look similar aswell? Does the singer play his bass upside down?... :)
Drive with me, past the city and down to sea......
Cazzie13

Back Stage Pass

Postby Pete » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:06 pm

Cheers guys

Do you think we could get away with THE Doves? It would be great if we could! If not Sub Doves is making the right noises as we have got to have ago at Space Face!

Lead singer (me) plays rythm and acoustic guitar, but not left handed I am afraid! I think what Jimi does in playing his bass and guitar's upside down and singing at completely a different tempo to the struming is nothing short of a miracle. And plays drums as well!

Keep the ideas coming especially set list suggestions, gonna google THE Doves and see what I get?
Pete

Gig Regular

Postby Teppin » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:53 pm

I reckon the general public won't get THE doves. Most call doves that, including a lot of dj's. I've had debates about it.

To get success you'll need to stick to the "big tunes" like tgtf. Pounding, catch the sun, black and white town, snowden, kor etc I reckon

Teppin

Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Doves