17 years ago....

17 years ago....

Postby Jessica Daniels » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:25 pm

"Today" (well, I say today but I mean - hence the quotation marks - exactly one week ago today (I just forgot) ) the very first doves single (well, EP, but it was their first EP that was chart eligible, reaching #73 in the charts I think) "Here it Comes" was released on August 2 1999. Close to 20 years and still sounds as fresh today. Heeeere's to remembering doves, please raise a (belated) glass to them, wherever you may be.
As I headed out west this beauty did remain,
Through an English village, landscapes washed in rain
Jessica Daniels

Stage Invader

Re: 17 years ago....

Postby richtdev » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:18 am

heres hoping for at least a one off gig
the sun on my face makes me feel alive.
richtdev

Postby rederic7 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:16 am

Seven years since KoR was released and it`ll be six years on the 10th October since the last gig at WHP in Manchester,

I`ve given up believing a reformation will ever happen now Rich.

We are all getting older, the `band` are getting older, would there be any interest anyhow apart from us Die Hards ???

I`d give anything just to see Doves perform together again, all those gigs we`ve all been to over the years and taken for granted.

I`m hoping that maybe, just maybe, the lads may decide to do a cosy accoustic performance in one of the many venues in Town one day...Just for old times sake.

So many great times, so many great memories, God...I miss Doves.
rederic7

DPF Member

Postby gibbo1968 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:59 pm

rederic7 wrote:Seven years since KoR was released and it`ll be six years on the 10th October since the last gig at WHP in Manchester,

I`ve given up believing a reformation will ever happen now Rich.

We are all getting older, the `band` are getting older, would there be any interest anyhow apart from us Die Hards ???

I`d give anything just to see Doves perform together again, all those gigs we`ve all been to over the years and taken for granted.

I`m hoping that maybe, just maybe, the lads may decide to do a cosy accoustic performance in one of the many venues in Town one day...Just for old times sake.

So many great times, so many great memories, God...I miss Doves.

I feel the same just wish they'd confirm it instead of the 'hiatus' quote
Life's not a dress rehearsal
gibbo1968

Mosher

Return to Doves