Kingdom Of Rust

Re: Kingdom Of Rust

Postby richtdev » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:56 pm

kenny wrote:
HansyRod wrote:I might be unburying an years-old debate here - but what is this talk about people not liking Compulsion?! I'd think it is a clear highlight of the album. That beat is just TOO good, it takes you to another place. The song overall for me represents an evolution and what I'd expect from future releases. Along with Jetstream it is my favourite song from the album.

welcome...great to get fresh views.

it's not a real Fav of mine but understand what you mean.....10.03 is (I think for now anyways) my fav of the album

The greatest denier for me.
the sun on my face makes me feel alive.
richtdev

Re: Re: Kingdom Of Rust

Postby Teppin » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:04 am

richtdev wrote:
kenny wrote:
HansyRod wrote:I might be unburying an years-old debate here - but what is this talk about people not liking Compulsion?! I'd think it is a clear highlight of the album. That beat is just TOO good, it takes you to another place. The song overall for me represents an evolution and what I'd expect from future releases. Along with Jetstream it is my favourite song from the album.

it's not a real Fav of mine but understand what you mean.....10.03 is (I think for now anyways) my fav of the album

The greatest denier for me.

And I will cut you with a look............
Let's leave at sunrise, let's live by the ocean!

Join the doves people's front- fan's militant wing!
Teppin

Site Admin

Postby richtdev » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:11 pm

Teppin wrote:
richtdev wrote:]I might be unburying an years-old debate here - but what is this talk about people not liking Compulsion?! I'd think it is a clear highlight of the album. That beat is just TOO good, it takes you to another place. The song overall for me represents an evolution and what I'd expect from future releases. Along with Jetstream it is my favourite song from the album.

The greatest denier for me.[/quote]

And I will cut you with a look............[/quote]

anything other than listening to it ;)
richtdev

Postby HansyRod » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:45 pm

Teppin wrote:probably just a case of each to their own i suppose. doves cover so many genres and styles over their albums that different tracks are going to attract different people in. Catch the sun was the first track i loved, it seriously took me 8 years to get my head around the cedar room and now i love it! i bet some people that dislike compulsion now will grow to like it

Hope so, otherwise they'll be missing out on great stuff! Actually, other than when first getting into the band, I liked most of their stuff immediately, but it has happened with other bands - a single song that for some reason we simply can't stand, but one day it all clicks.

kenny wrote:welcome...great to get fresh views.

Thanks :) quite like 10:03 as well. Starts a bit slow, but then builds up to something magnificent. Up there with their best stuff, no doubt.
HansyRod

Postby Bee_Forever » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:36 pm

I like Kingdom of Rust as an album, although for me Last Broadcast will always be the definitive Doves record. KoR itself and House of Mirrors are particular favourites of mine. The album as a whole hangs together nicely, although I found some of the tracks a bit too heavily beat driven, including Compulsion.

One track off the studio album I did not really get, is Winter Hill, it seems a bit slow and drifty, although when I heard it on the live album it sounded really good.
Bee_Forever

DPF Member

Postby Teppin » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:52 pm

Bee_Forever wrote:I like Kingdom of Rust as an album, although for me Last Broadcast will always be the definitive Doves record. KoR itself and House of Mirrors are particular favourites of mine. The album as a whole hangs together nicely, although I found some of the tracks a bit too heavily beat driven, including Compulsion.

One track off the studio album I did not really get, is Winter Hill, it seems a bit slow and drifty, although when I heard it on the live album it sounded really good.

I've always find that some tracks are an instant like and some grow on me over time. Kor the track is a masterpiece
Let's leave at sunrise, let's live by the ocean!

Join the doves people's front- fan's militant wing!
Teppin

Site Admin

Postby richtdev » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:47 am

Winter Hill is one of my fave live tracks.
richtdev

Postby sygc » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:50 pm

can anyone help me - what is the video that the band shows at gigs when they are playing Here it Comes...1970s disco..
sygc

Postby Nicky » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:19 pm

sygc wrote:can anyone help me - what is the video that the band shows at gigs when they are playing Here it Comes...1970s disco..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbEuq54FcBg
Nicky

Site Admin

Postby richtdev » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:14 am

Nicky wrote:
sygc wrote:can anyone help me - what is the video that the band shows at gigs when they are playing Here it Comes...1970s disco..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbEuq54FcBg

I love watching this at gigs. In fact I think I need a word that describes it better. Frotter may work :lol:
richtdev

PreviousNext

Return to Doves