The Forest



Re: The Forest

Postby Hinterland » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:53 pm

Emm - I've been trying to see this vid for - hmm ok not quite an hour - but is my computer just dead/ or old? I get a 'kooky note' from the NBHAP site - am I supposed to be mollified or sent elsewhere?
Hinterland

Gig Regular
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:09 pm

Re: The Forest

Postby gibbo1968 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:21 pm

Hinterland wrote:Emm - I've been trying to see this vid for - hmm ok not quite an hour - but is my computer just dead/ or old? I get a 'kooky note' from the NBHAP site - am I supposed to be mollified or sent elsewhere?


i read the fb comments and its got a fault,got sent here instead and this link works

http://www.muzu.tv/black-rivers/the-for ... o/2350129/
Life's not a dress rehearsal
gibbo1968

Mosher
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 10:45 pm
Location: Ellesmere port

Re: The Forest

Postby Jessica Daniels » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:44 pm

The vocals are fine (I especially like when Andy comes in on lead towards the end) and I actually prefer this over Voyager 1. This track is like discovering some long lost song from the vaults of a great late 60s/early 70s Psych/Hippy band. Perfection. Again, can't WAIT for the album.
As I headed out west this beauty did remain,
Through an English village, landscapes washed in rain
Jessica Daniels

Stage Invader
 
Posts: 1069
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:32 am

Re: The Forest

Postby Hinterland » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:06 am

gibbo1968 wrote:
Hinterland wrote:Emm - I've been trying to see this vid for - hmm ok not quite an hour - but is my computer just dead/ or old? I get a 'kooky note' from the NBHAP site - am I supposed to be mollified or sent elsewhere?


i read the fb comments and its got a fault,got sent here instead and this link works

http://www.muzu.tv/black-rivers/the-for ... o/2350129/


HUGE thanks Gibbo - I'd never have a chance to see, where I was looking. I owe you a pint - wouldn't that be awful if a Scot was called out here?
See you & Miss Gibbo soon!
Hinterland

Gig Regular
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:09 pm

Re: The Forest

Postby Jessica Daniels » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:59 pm

Just thought I would point out that a doves sticker is never actually shown, only something that ends in "es". So it could be anything really but I guess it's safe to assume it's doves.
As I headed out west this beauty did remain,
Through an English village, landscapes washed in rain
Jessica Daniels

Stage Invader
 
Posts: 1069
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:32 am

Re: The Forest

Postby Teppin » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:26 pm

Jessica Daniels wrote:Just thought I would point out that a doves sticker is never actually shown, only something that ends in "es". So it could be anything really but I guess it's safe to assume it's doves.

It's in the Snowden video
Let's leave at sunrise, let's live by the ocean!

Join the doves people's front- fan's militant wing!
Teppin

User avatar
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10009
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:00 pm
Location: A black and white town (herefordshire)

The Forest

Postby nikkijaydee » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:55 pm

The first three letters appear to be scribbled over, but as Teps said, I recognise it from the Snowden video.
It's the best thing for you darlin'.
nikkijaydee

User avatar
Mosher
 
Posts: 793
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:45 pm
Location: Pennines

Re: The Forest

Postby Jessica Daniels » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:26 pm

Yeah I know it's from the Snowden video, I know it well. What I meant was that a 'doves' sticker - as in the WORD - is never actually shown.
As I headed out west this beauty did remain,
Through an English village, landscapes washed in rain
Jessica Daniels

Stage Invader
 
Posts: 1069
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:32 am

The Forest

Postby nikkijaydee » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:30 pm

OK. I'm going to say something controversial here. Don't hate me for it. I've just heard the song again on 6 and it sounds very Dovesy. I could completely hear Jimi singing it.

And I don't mean that in a "I want Doves back together" way. It's just an observation!
It's the best thing for you darlin'.
nikkijaydee

User avatar
Mosher
 
Posts: 793
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:45 pm
Location: Pennines

Re: The Forest

Postby Jessica Daniels » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:40 pm

You're not wrong. I think I said elsewhere previously that it is kinda dovesy. The drums remind me of Almost Forgot Myself, for one.

And although I'm enjoying their work, I still want doves back together. If they announced tomorrow they were reuniting to start work on a 5th album I would be uncontrollably ecstatic.
As I headed out west this beauty did remain,
Through an English village, landscapes washed in rain
Jessica Daniels

Stage Invader
 
Posts: 1069
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:32 am

PreviousNext

Return to Black Rivers



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest