Voyager 1

Re: Voyager 1

Postby ZvenCooper » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:55 pm

Jessica Daniels wrote:a little too throwaway for my taste

yes, that. a somewhat less strong successor to 'the ship' than expected. the first song made me want to see them remain apart for a little while yet. the second makes me think they (and us) would be better off if they reunited already.
ZvenCooper

DPF Member

Postby davedavis » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:25 am

Im lucky enough to have heard the album ...its effin amazing ...all the songs have really different atmospheres and yet connected with a certain vibe/sound… the track listing is a brilliant trip (probably not relevant in this day and age ) But thats how i listen to albums .. ... i guess voyager 1 is there "catch the sun"( imo )More poppy but makes total sense on the album
Album is quality …no fillers …:)
davedavis

Voyager 1

Postby kenny » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:46 am

cheers Dave, looking forward to it :)

from the arse end of the planet on tapatalk
Don't sweat this life - learn what you need to and make sure you use for the next....or it'll be a long eternity.

See you in the Ether!
kenny

Postby Nicky » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:28 pm

davedavis wrote:Im lucky enough to have heard the album ...its effin amazing ...all the songs have really different atmospheres and yet connected with a certain vibe/sound… the track listing is a brilliant trip (probably not relevant in this day and age ) But thats how i listen to albums .. ... i guess voyager 1 is there "catch the sun"( imo )More poppy but makes total sense on the album
Album is quality …no fillers …:)

Nail on head :)
Nicky

Site Admin

Postby Jessica Daniels » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:36 pm

davedavis wrote:Im lucky enough to have heard the album ...

the track listing is a brilliant trip (probably not relevant in this day and age ) But thats how i listen to albums

Thanks, Dave. Good for you. Can you elaborate though please (or somebody else, maybe), as I don't really understand. Thanks.
As I headed out west this beauty did remain,
Through an English village, landscapes washed in rain
Jessica Daniels

Stage Invader

Postby Blue Skies » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:01 pm

I just can't wait to see Andy chewing gum and playing this.
Here comes a strange cargo.
Blue Skies

DPF Ultra

Postby Jessica Daniels » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:47 pm

OK onto my 10th listen now....I still don't really like the chorus (well, mainly just the bit before the la-la-las) it's just too twee...maybe that was the Metro Trinity side of Jez coming into play...lol. I'm glad they didn't just decide to repeat that line - which would've been the natural thing to do - instead of transitioning into the las. The first 34 seconds of this are great, however, and remind me a bit of Black Circus of Prague, (which, contradictorily, I never cared for that much..lol. Go figure.), and I would have not complained if the song would've continued like that, as an instrumental. As is the last 1:34 which is the best part of the song in my opinion.
As I headed out west this beauty did remain,
Through an English village, landscapes washed in rain
Jessica Daniels

Stage Invader

Postby richtdev » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:04 am

sounds like a cross between Electronic and something I cant quite put my finger on
the sun on my face makes me feel alive.
richtdev

Postby gibbo1968 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:35 am

my missus just ain't gettin black rivers(she loves jimi) but i like what i'm hearin it's some of doves ffs! which is better than fuck all to me
Life's not a dress rehearsal
gibbo1968

Mosher

Postby Nicky » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:55 pm

gibbo1968 wrote:my missus just ain't gettin black rivers(she loves jimi) but i like what i'm hearin it's some of doves ffs! which is better than fuck all to me

I'm sure she will enjoy some of the other stuff.
Nicky

Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Black Rivers