Re: Heavenly 25th Birthday

Postby gibbo1968 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:31 am

Oh bugger
Life's not a dress rehearsal
gibbo1968

Mosher

Postby gibbo1968 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:20 pm

pics to come here's didsbury girl to be goin on with and some cameos from this very forum. ;)

gibbo1968

Mosher

Postby gibbo1968 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:59 pm

some pics

Doves forum love

gibbo1968

Mosher

Postby gibbo1968 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:00 pm

and some swag

gibbo1968

Mosher

Postby Nicky » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:31 pm

A lovely weekend it was! Just got back home, feels like the last four days never happened. :?

Wished we'd seen more of the fest, but with our time so short and having to spend time with the family naturally it was always gonna feel that way. Some of the bands we'd seen passing thru Chicago anyways.

Was lovely meeting all the new faces and some of the old too, recognized some folks at the gig along the front from Doves gigs.

Look forward to the next time!
Nicky

Site Admin

Postby richtdev » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:11 am

Nicky wrote:A lovely weekend it was! Just got back home, feels like the last four days never happened. :?

Wished we'd seen more of the fest, but with our time so short and having to spend time with the family naturally it was always gonna feel that way. Some of the bands we'd seen passing thru Chicago anyways.

Was lovely meeting all the new faces and some of the old too, recognized some folks at the gig along the front from Doves gigs.

Look forward to the next time!

really hacked off that I couldnt go but good to chat though :D
the sun on my face makes me feel alive.
richtdev

Postby Hinterland » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:23 pm

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME weekend!

Hebden is a delightful wee town full of character & quirky shops & the Trades Club is a brilliant, intimate venue even when rammed to the gunnels (which it was for most of the weekend!)

As Nikki-the-girl said, Jimi & co were totally rocking out – a blistering Live Like a River & Man V Dingo belted out of the traps like it’s life depended on it! While the Pretender’s cover was on fire. Aww so Charlie Freak isn’t a new song? Although Jimi said after it that it was something that they’d knocked up a couple of days ago & it didn’t sound like he meant they’d just learnt it (& he had the lyrics printed out) – wouldn’t have though it’d be like him not to acknowledge a cover… cos it did sound match-fit! Always lovely to hear a room fair bellowing for an encore – we just didn’t shout loud enough obviously!! I mean more songs from Jimi or a Mark Lanegan Q&A – surely no contest …!

Cherry Ghost on Sunday was just so, so wonderful – Simon’s voice seems to enrich in tone & depth every time I see him. We at least did get 1 encore from Simon (although in reality he sheepishly came back on stage having forgotten to play the last song!). All is definitely right with the world after a CG gig. And we met Simon afterwards!!

Fab pics as always from Gibbo & Nikky-the-girl. The Gibbo’s haul suggests anything not nailed down… heeh heeh heeh! What a bunch of locusts – I think everyone secured setlists (which was just as well: potential forum blood-bath right there!). I half-inched a Odludek poster which I’ll try & upload.

But what made the weekend totally sparkle was meeting the lovely, lovely Nicky & Mrs N, Gibbo & Mrs G & Nikki-the-girl, oh & not forgetting chatting with RichDev on the phone!

I made a weekend of it so – jammy sod that I am - also caught Toy, Duke Garwood, Mark Lanegan, Hooton Tennis Club, H Hawkline & Steeling Sheep (phew!). Gibbo that lad you were talking to was playing guitar for H Hawkline.

Yeah, just HEAVENLY in every way!
Hinterland

Gig Regular

Postby Cazzie13 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:34 pm

Lovely review that Hinterland, very impressive write up :D
Drive with me, past the city and down to sea......
Cazzie13

Back Stage Pass

Heavenly 25th Birthday "Do".

Postby nikkijaydee » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:12 pm

You've missed your calling. Get this girl a job as a gig reviewer!!
It's the best thing for you darlin'.
nikkijaydee

Mosher

Heavenly 25th Birthday "Do".

Postby kenny » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:46 am

great review and good to hear of the meet ups :) thx all

from the arse end of the planet on tapatalk
Don't sweat this life - learn what you need to and make sure you use for the next....or it'll be a long eternity.

See you in the Ether!
kenny

PreviousNext

Return to Jimi Goodwin